Purpose of the job: The post holder will be the prime of contact for front of house meet and greet
Duties will include general correspondence, telephone enquiries, maintenance of local IT systems, facilitating information pertaining to staff records . The Receptionist will ensure smooth running of front of house.
• Maintain records of client admissions, hospitalisations and discharges to ensure correct charges invoiced.
• Match supplier invoices / delivery notes and obtain authorisation to pay prior to submission to Head Office for payment. Liaise with suppliers on queries and refer to home manager where problems exist.
• Attend training courses and sessions as required
• Maintain client, staff and business confidentiality at all times.
• Prepare and maintain stationary orders, stock and records.
• Facilitate all in house systems and act as the information hub between the local site and head office.
Contacts will be as directed by the manager for operational purposes, maintaining the infrastructure of the Home, information exchange, and problem solving and undertaking specific projects to service development.
Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements. Act as a fire marshal whilst on duty.
Work individually and within the team to provide the necessary administrative back up for residents, staff and management to a standard commensurate with aims and objectives of the Home and in consideration of its residents.
Observe and maintain high levels of communication within the teams of staff, individual colleagues and residents.
Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times.
To carry out any additional duties as requested.
To undertake any additional training and development programmes the Home may consider appropriate to enhance your contribution to the work at this home.
Policies and Procedures
To be up to date on, and follow, the relevant procedures contained in the Home’s Policies and Procedures file as they affect your job and its responsibilities.
Be accountable to the Manager for all areas of your duties and responsibilities. This accountability will be expressed through:
Regular one to one supervisions and team meetings with the Manager and other members of the team.
An annual appraisal meeting at which personal targets will be set and monitored.
Tasks and responsibilities within your area of capability may vary occasionally depending upon the needs of the business. You may be asked to undertake a variation of your normal routine to meet these needs. Your enthusiasm and flexibility will be appreciated.